Saturday, August 31, 2013

Worst mom ever

I'm feeling uninspired and overwhelmed. My daughters 5th birthday is next weekend and I haven't made one single plan. Not one. I've pinned ideas to Pinterest, but the thought of actually doing anything makes me feel nauseous. I want to go hide in my bed with the covers over my head and wish it away. I'm normally one of those good moms who have been planning for months and gathering things up so when the day arrives all is ready to go. Not this year. Between being sick, stressed out, and tired about everything that has been going on in my house and at work these last few months I'm doing good to make it through the day... Literally.
I feel like a failure. I've been trying to get motivated. I had my daughter ask some of the girls she knows if they would like to come to her birthday party and all have told her no. So, I guess I'm also anxious to invite any of her little friends for fear no one will show and she will be devastated. I'm probably overreacting, but I don't want her to be hurt. So I'll blame it on my lack of planning and have a family party with cake and a present or two. Yeah, I know I suck. Maybe next year I'll have my act together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment