Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome to BrewsterVille

Happy New Year!!

Wow!  It was 2012 and now it's 2013. One of my new year's resolutions is to have a blog. Not just have one, but to update it 2-3 times a week. So, here I am on January 2nd and this is my first post. Yeah, I know a day late to start it off on the 1st, but I'm sick so I'll cut myself some slack :)

Welcome to BrewsterVille. I wasn't sure what to call my blog because I didn't want to limit myself to just one thing. Hence the title "BrewsterVille". This will be a place to do crafty things, to organize your home, to save money, to get fit, and whatever else I think of to include. There will also be the occasional mommy brag on my two little girls and family updates for our family and friends who want to know what is going on in our lives. I would like to welcome you all to our little world.

Let's get started!

How did you ring in the new year? I'll admit, I'm not much of a party person. I do like to dress up and go out every once in a while, but with two little ones that doesn't happen very often. So, I didn't stay up and dance the night away at some swanky restaurant with my hubby while a babysitter watched my girls. Gee, that would have been nice though :) Since my husband was working and I'm fighting a cold, the girls and I watched a movie with some Kraft Mac N Cheese and apple juice. I even put them to bed at their normal time because, well frankly, I just wanted to go to bed. I was feeling pretty miserable. Yesterday was better and I felt (somewhat) like cooking our traditional January 1st dinner that must include black-eyed peas and collard greens. I'm really hoping they work this year. Yeah, I know it's just superstitious, but it's tradition.

I always make New Year's Resolutions and this year is no different. I have a whole list of them and subcategories for each. Some of my categories are spiritual, health/fitness, organization, finance, craft/hobby, personal and wife/mother. Throughout the year, I'll go more in-depth on some of these.

I've decided to start with a look at two craft projects I'm starting this month. The first is a knit sweater for my daughter, Abigail. I know it would be easier and quicker to just buy one, but I really want to knit a person-sized sweater. My second project is a crib quilt for a friend. This should be fairly quick and not too hard. I'm not much of a quilter, but I'm planning to make two twin sized quilts for my daughters next and I need some practice. I'll post some pictures of these projects as they progress.

Well, that's it for today.

Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment