Monday, January 7, 2013

Pre-K Activities

Happy Monday Everyone!

Life has been crazy for my family for that last few months and things are starting to finally settle down and get back into a routine (of sorts). Thank God! I like routine and so do my girls. They can be terrors when their routine is off.

One of the things I've been trying to do is more preschool activities for my girls. I've always done things with them, but nothing organized. They went to preschool so I figured they were learning what they needed for their age range. (Delusional, I know) They only went two days a week and I wanted them to play the other days. Well, I really wasn't thinking about organized play. Then my husband and I decided to try preschool at home. We were debating on whether to homeschool or not when they got old enough. I wasn't crazy about the idea, but decided to give it a try since it was only preschool and it wasn't like I was holding them back or anything if it was a total fail.

It was a great idea on paper. It was a total failure in reality. There were a lot of factors contributing to it's failure, but ultimately it was me. I wanted everything to be perfect and since it wasn't turning out that way I gave up. Add in there two moves in 3 months of each other (one across states) and the setting wasn't ideal. All our books were packed. I couldn't find anything I needed. I was frustrated and aggravated.

Well, one of my New Year's resolutions was to start our preschool activities back up. It's nothing fancy, but I'm taking it slow and we will do this. Today is our official start day. How's it going you ask? We are still working on getting dressed, but we will prevail. Sickness made for some late risers, myself included. It's an easy day. Just some letter and number practice and a craft. Shouldn't be too hard, right? We will see.

Here's where I got my ideas for today:
http://wildaboutteaching10.blogspot.com/2012/02/handwriting-galore.html
http://wildaboutteaching10.blogspot.com/2012/05/happy-memorial-day-math-monday.html
http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/category/letter-c-theme we are making the cat faces

Hope you have a great Monday!

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment