Friday, January 18, 2013

Glasses vs. Contacts

This has been a busy week. TGIF! I am so ready for the weekend. I feel like I've been going at full speed and haven't had time to slow down. I'm ready to relax a little bit. Well, I'll relax after I clean the house, do the laundry, and work on my closet some more. A mom's work is never done :)

Yesterday I went to the eye doctor. I know there's technical term for them, but my head hurts and I don't want to look it up. Anyway... I went to the eye doctor and had my routine exam done. It's been over two years and I was shocked at how much prices have increased since then. Yikes! Praise the Lord for vision insurance and a health savings account.

I've always worn glasses. I've gotten contacts a few times over the years, but I have an astigmatism and the contacts have always bothered me. They weren't comfortable and I could feel them in my eyes. It felt like they scraped the inside of my eyelids every time I blinked. Not fun. So I would wear them on special occasions and wear my glasses the rest of the time. I always felt that this was a waste of money.

In thinking about getting my eyes checked, I was debating on whether or not to get a contacts exam. It was extra money for the exam. Would I really wear them? It was extra money for the contacts. I really wanted to give them another try though so I went for it. Oh my goodness! What a difference a few years makes. I put in the contacts and I couldn't even feel them. I thought it was great, but felt that time would make a difference and there's no way I would want to wear them for a full day. I've had them in since this morning and I still can't feel them and my eyes aren't all dry and itchy like they used to be when I would wear them. I know this is only day two, but seriously, I would totally be taking them out by this time of the day and wearing my glasses. I hated Toric lenses before, but these are great. I'm not sure what brand they are, but I think they've made me a contacts wearer. When I go back next week for my follow up appointment, I will definitely order them.

It's funny, I've been going on and on about how comfortable they are to my husband that he is wishing he got a contacts exam too so he could try them. He also says that he needs to get used to me wearing them because I look different. I asked if that was a bad thing. He said no, I don't look bad, just different. I'm not sure if I should be offended or not. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment